Smooth, hair-free skin is a must for both women and men who take good care of themselves. If like most people with busy schedules, you find shaving, waxing and tweezing time-consuming and want permanent results – opting for laser hair removal is the best solution and an investment in your precious time.
Laser hair removal is one of the most commonly done cosmetic procedures around the globe, suitable for women and men of all skin and hair types. This safe, effective, comfortable, precise, fast, and predictable treatment removes unwanted hair from the face, legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, and other areas. When done right, by professionals using state of the art equipment, the results are permanent.
At 4 face&body, we use LightSheer® ET Diode Laser 805 by Lumenis, a global leader in laser and energy-based technologies. LightSheer® is considered the golden standard for effective and safe laser hair removal. Our specialists create an individual treatment plan for every client based on their skin and hair type. Treatments are quick, require no downtime, and provide long-term results.
Laser epilation is a medical procedure which removes unwanted hairs with a diode laser that creates an intense-pulsed beam of precisely defined wavelengths (810 + 940 nm). To achieve this, the energy of the laser needs to penetrate several millimeters into the skin, in order to reach the root of the hair. When it reaches the melanin in the hair (the pigment that gives it color), light is absorbed, i.e. converted to heat. This heat damages the stem cells around the hair, as well as the area adjacent to the hair, which is responsible for new hair growth. This results in a drastic reduction in the number of hairs in the treated region.
The first step in preparing for laser hair removal is selecting a specialist with proven experience in the application of laser technology. Laser hair removal is a medical procedure performed by doctors. After this key step, keep in mind the following tips:
• A month before treatment, do not tweeze, wax or use an electric epilator. Depilation creams and shaving are allowed
• A day before the treatment, remove the hairs from the region to be treated with depilation cream or shave them. The hairs need to be at skin level
• Avoid tanning (sun exposure, tanning beds, self-tanning products)
• If you are tanned, either from sun exposure, tanning beds or self-tanning products, wait 2-4 weeks for your skin to regain its natural tone before undergoing treatment
• Avoid anti-cellulite treatments for up to 4 weeks before laser treatment
• Antibiotic therapy for inflammatory acne is a contraindication for laser hair removal. The interval between taking antibiotics and laser hair removal should be at least 4-6 weeks
• Remove makeup and deodorant before the treatment
• After applying the hydrogel, the laser is leaned against the skin and moved over the treated area
• The laser emits energy pulses on an 8-14 mm surface, which will feel as soft pokes
• To make the procedure as comfortable as possible, you will experience mild cooling effect thanks to the Chill Tip skin cooling system that is integrated into the laser
• You may experience mild discomfort during the treatment. Still, most clients take the procedure well
• For optimal results, it is advised to repeat the treatment in 6 to 12 months intervals
• The efficiency of the treatment depends on the color and thickness of the hair as well as the root depth. Redheads and people with light hair require more treatments than dark-haired ones. At 4 Face & Body, we are dedicated exclusively to achieving excellent results and client satisfaction, so before the treatment with our specialist, we will design a treatment plan according to the client’s skin and hair type
• Additionally, hairs grow in stages, and melanin – the pigment that affects hair color and is key in laser therapy – is connected with the root of the hair exclusively in the growth phase. Different types of hair are in growth stages at different times. Therefore, the number of laser hair removal treatments varies from person to person
• Treatments of smaller regions – face, bikini and armpits – are repeated every 3-6 weeks, while for larger areas the interval is 4-8 weeks. The minimum number of treatments is 5 to 7
• Laser hair removal does not guarantee permanent hair removal
• Treatment of a small area, such as the upper lip, can take only a few minutes
• Treatment of larger areas, such as the back or the whole legs, can take up to an hour
• During the first few hours after laser hair removal, you may notice skin irritation, redness and slight swelling of the treated area. These symptoms usually disappear after a few hours
• To reduce any discomfort, you can use cold liners or cooling gels on the treated area
• After laser hair removal, sun exposure and sunbed tanning should be avoided
The most common side effects of permanent laser hair removal are:
• Certain hairs may be resistant to laser treatment and grow back, but thinner and lighter
• Pigment change – laser hair removal can darken or lighten the skin of the treated area, which is only temporary, in most cases
Laser hair removal is an ideal choice for everyone who wants a long-lasting smooth skin!
The best candidates are people with lighter complexion and dark hair, but the procedure is also efficient on people with darker skin.
Laser hair removal is most frequently used to treat the upper lip, chin and other facial hairs, legs, arms, armpits, intimate and bikini areas, and chest and back in men.
This method is also an ideal solution for anyone struggling with ingrown hair problems. Painful processes caused by ingrown hairs disappear after only a few treatments.